Sunday, December 7, 2008

Hopi Indian Reservation

This past weekend Bret, Gaven, Taylor, Conner, David, Trevor Madsen & I spent it on the Hopi Indian Reservation in Arizona. We joined a group called Hopi Outreach. We spent Friday working in the village of First Mesa. We helped to repair roofs and walls on homes & in their sacred Kiva's. Saturday we drove to five different villages & delivered fruit baskets, turkeys, hams, blankets, & coats to the elderly. We had a lot of other donations for everyone. David brought a truck with sheep & you should have seen the excitment over a mutton. The Hopi Indians are very religious, humble people who were very grateful for a helping hand. It is so fun and rewarding to leave a small dent in the impoverished communities of our world. If anyone is interested in learning about the Hopi's or helping them, let us know, Conner is considering doing an Eagle project there in the spring. They love 5 gallon buckets with lids, barrels to hold their water, & blankets.

4 comments:

Janell said...

Wow!! I am sure you want to come and talk about this in my ward...maybe I can get you a date to do that..hehe!! You are awesome!! Keep up the good work. See ya later!!

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

you guys are awesome!

katrina berg said...

how fun to read your blog :) great to see you all last nite!

Unknown said...

I found your blog! What a great experience, hope we can go the next trip!